flink-user mailing list archives

From "victor.reut" <victor.r...@itrexgroup.com>
Subject Update timeWindow size and trigger value at runtime
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 07:27:26 GMT
Hi,

I want to have an opportunity to update timeWindow size and trigger value in
KeyedStream dynamically at runtime. For example, I have such a piece of
code:

    DataStream<SampleObject> stream = env.addSource(new
FlinkKafkaConsumer09<>(TOPIC, new JSONDeserializer(), properties));

    Integer numMinutes = ...
    Integer triggersCount = ...

    stream.keyBy("key")
                        .timeWindow(Time.minutes(numMinutes))
                        .trigger(CountTrigger.of(triggersCount))
                        .reduce(new MetricsReduceFunction() , new
MetricsTimeWindowReduceFunction()).print();

If I just change the values of variables numMinutes and triggersCount, Flink
does not update them. Also I haven't found a good solution in google.
Does anybody know how to solve this issue?