flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Richter <s.rich...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Quick checkpointing related question
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 08:25:00 GMT
Hi,

the method is only called after the checkpoint completed on the job manager. At this point
_all_ work for the checkpoint is done, so doing work in this callback does not add any overhead
to the checkpoint.

Best,
Stefan

> Am 08.09.2017 um 10:20 schrieb Martin Eden <martineden131@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Flink 1.3.1 job with a source that implements CheckpointingFunction.
>
> As I understand it, the notifyCheckpointComplete callback is called when all the downstream
operators in the DAG successfully finished their checkpoints.

> Since I am doing some work in this method, I would like to know if the latency of the
execution of this method is reflected in any of the checkpointing stats of the source operator?
If yes which one? End To End Duration / Checkpoint Duration sync or async / Alignment duration?