flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:How to verify the data to Elasticsearch whether correct or not ?
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 04:25:22 GMT
Hi,

I see what you were asking about now.

Yes, it doesn’t make sense to sink an object to Elasticsearch. You either need to transform
the object to a JSON using libraries like Protobuf / Jackson / etc., or disintegrate it yourself
into a Map.

One thing I noticed is:
json.put("json", JsonFormat.printToString(element))
If what you want is all fields in this object to be able to be queried in Elasticsearch, what
you could do is simply:

`Requests.indexRequest().index(...).type(…).source(<the JSON string>)`

This would work fine, and you can also save the extra redundant layer in your sinked JSON.