flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: multiple users per flink deployment
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 08:59:23 GMT
Hi,

There’s been quite a few requests on this recently on the mailing lists and also mentioned
by some users offline, so I think we may need to start with plans to probably support this.
I’m CC’ing Eron to this thread to see if he has any thoughts on this, as he was among
the first authors driving the Kerberos support in Flink.
I’m not really sure if such a feature support makes sense, given that all jobs of a single
Flink deployment have full privileges and therefore no isolation in between.

Related question: what external service are you trying to authenticate to with different users?
If it is Kafka and perhaps you have different users for the consumer / producer, that will
be very soon available in 1.3.2, which includes a version bump to Kafka 0.10 that allows multiple
independent users within the same JVM through dynamic JAAS configuration.
See this mail thread [1] for more detail on that.

Cheers,
Gordon