flink-user mailing list archives

From Raja.Aravapalli <Raja.Aravapa...@target.com>
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Security Control of running Flink Jobs on Flink UI
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2017 22:23:51 GMT
Ability to disable it will be a super helpful.

+1 to the idea.

Regards,
Raja.

From: Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, August 25, 2017 at 4:56 PM
To: Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org>
Cc: Raja Aravapalli <Raja.Aravapalli@target.com>, "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Security Control of running Flink Jobs on Flink UI

bq.  introduce a special config flag to disable the Cancel functionality

+1

Similar config is used in other project(s) such as hbase.

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Robert Metzger <rmetzger@apache.org<mailto:rmetzger@apache.org>>
wrote:
Hi Raja,

you can actually disable the UI by setting the port to a negative number.
The configuration property is "jobmanager.web.port".
I'm not sure how well this is tested, but from the code it seems that this is the behavior
of Flink.

If that doesn't work, I would propose to add a change to Flink to introduce a special config
flag to disable the Cancel functionality in the UI.
The change is probably not too hard to do.

Regards,
Robert

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Raja.Aravapalli <Raja.Aravapalli@target.com<mailto:Raja.Aravapalli@target.com>>