flink-user mailing list archives

From Steve Jerman <st...@kloudspot.com>
Subject Advice on debugging state back end...
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2017 20:44:44 GMT
Hi Folks,

I have a stream application which is running out of heap space - looks like there might be
something up with state storage.... I'm having trouble determining if it just needs a lot
of memory or there is a memory leak.

Are there any tips/best practice for this? I've looked at heap dumps and I just see lot of
tuples ... it's not clear which task/operator they belong to...

I'm looking at moving to use RockDB (assuming it's just memory ...) but I'd like to determine
if there is actually a leak. It doesn't seem to have issues with smaller input rates.

For reference, I'm using 1.2.1 and the source is a 4 partition Kafka topic with some windowing
etc after that...

Thanks for any pointers/advice.

Steve