flink-user mailing list archives

From Ajay Tripathy <aj...@yelp.com>
Subject JMX stats reporter with all task manager/job manager stats aggregated?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 22:51:29 GMT
Hi, I'm running flink jobmanagers/taskmanagers with yarn. I've turned on
the JMX reporter in my flink-conf.yaml as follows:

metrics.reporters: jmx

metrics.reporter.jmx.class: org.apache.flink.metrics.jmx.JMXReporter

I was wondering:

Is there a JMX server with the aggregated stats across all jobs / tasks? If
so, where is it located? It appears that a JMX starts for every single
taskmanager and the jobmanagers do not have the data reported from the
taskmanagers.

I'm not sure if this is related, but when I try to specify a port for the
jmx reporter, like this:

metrics.reporter.jmx.port: 8789

I'm receiving an error where JMX servers from different task managers fight
for that port, and fail to start.