flink-user mailing list archives

From Raja.Aravapalli <Raja.Aravapa...@target.com>
Subject schema to just read as "byte[] array" from kafka
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 15:47:02 GMT

Hi

I am using SimpleStringSchema to deserialize a message read from kafka, but need some help
to know if there is any schema available I can use rather than “SimpleStringSchema()”
and instead just get “byte[]” without any deserialization happening!

Below is code I am currently using, but instead of SimpleStringSchema() which is giving me
Strings, but I want the a raw byte array Byte[]:

FlinkKafkaConsumer08<String> myConsumer = new FlinkKafkaConsumer08<>("xxx_topic",
new SimpleStringSchema(), properties);

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Raja.