flink-user mailing list archives

From Gwenhael Pasquiers <gwenhael.pasqui...@ericsson.com>
Subject Great number of jobs and numberOfBuffers
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2017 08:38:58 GMT
Hello,

We're meeting a limit with the numberOfBuffers.

In a quite complex job we do a lot of operations, with a lot of operators, on a lot of folders
(datehours).

In order to split the job into smaller "batches" (to limit the necessary "numberOfBuffers")
I've done a loop over the batches (handle the datehours 3 by 3), for each batch I create a
new env then call the execute() method.

However it looks like there is no cleanup : after a while, if the number of batches is too
big, there is an error saying that the numberOfBuffers isn't high enough. It kinds of looks
like some leak. Is there a way to clean them up ?