flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Hadoop 2.8.0 in Flink Project for S3A Path Style Access
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2017 13:41:56 GMT
So you're saying that this works if you manually compile Flink for Hadoop 2.8.0? If yes, I
think the solution is that we have to provide binaries for Hadoop 2.8.0. If we did that with
a possible Flink 1.3.3 release and starting from Flink 1.4.0, would this be an option for
you?

Best,
Aljoscha
> On 11. Jul 2017, at 10:47, Mustafa AKIN <mustafa91@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to use S3 backend with custom endpoint. However, it is not supported in hadoop-aws@2.7.3,
I need to use at least 2.8.0 version. The underyling reason is that the requests are being
sent as following

<http://mustafa.localhost:9000/> / Headers:

to remain same, the bucket name to be appended in the path (http://localhost:9000/mustafa/..
<http://localhost:9000/>.)

> I cannot blindly increase aws-java-sdk version to latest, it causes:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.amazonaws.ClientConfiguration
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AFileSystem.initialize(S3AFileSystem.java:182)
>
> So, If I increase the hadoop-aws to 2.8.0 with latest client, it causes the following
error:

> According to, I need hadoop-aws@2.7.2 and
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/aws.html#provide-s3-filesystem-dependency
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/aws.html#provide-s3-filesystem-dependency>

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.lib.MutableCounterLong.<init>(Lorg/apache/hadoop/metrics2/MetricsInfo;J)V
from class org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AInstrumentation
> 	at org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.S3AInstrumentation.streamCounter(S3AInstrumentation.java:194)
>

> Should I be excluding hadoop-common from Flink somehow? Building flink from source with
mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dhadoop.version=2.8.0 works but I want to manage it via maven
as much as possible.