flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Queryable State max number of clients
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:35:44 GMT
Hi,

I think the number of network treads and number of query threads only roughly correlate with
the number of clients that can query in parallel since this is using asynchronous communication
via Akka/Netty. Of course, increasing that number means there can be more connections but
I think even just 1 Thread or each of those should be able to easily handle multiple queries
at the same time.

I'm cc'ing Ufuk and Kostas who might know more about this.

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 9. Aug 2017, at 17:19, Ziyad Muhammed <mmziyad@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to understand how many parallel clients will be supported by the queryable
state.

> query.server.network-threads: number of network (event loop) threads for the KvStateServer
(0 => #slots)
> query.server.query-threads: number of asynchronous query threads for the KvStateServerHandler
(0 => #slots).
> so, if I choose 0 for both these parameters, what will be the maximum number of parallel
clients supported?

> I tried more parallel clients than number of slots, but all of them were able to query
the state in parallel. Can someone help me to understand the logic here?