flink-user mailing list archives

From Chao Wang <chaow...@wustl.edu>
Subject Re: schema to just read as "byte[] array" from kafka
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 17:23:26 GMT
Hi Raja,

I just happened to work on the similar thing, and here is how to do it
in general, I think (In my case, I did a bit more, to deserialize a
tuple of <byte[],byte[]>) :

FlinkKafkaConsumer010<byte[]> consumer = new
FlinkKafkaConsumer010<>("topic_name", new MyDe<byte[]>(), properties);

and for MyDe the schema:

public static class MyDe<T> extends AbstractDeserializationSchema<byte[]> {
   @Override
   public byte[] deserialize(byte[] arg0) {
     return new e;
   }
}

Chao