flink-user mailing list archives

From Conrad Crampton <conrad.cramp...@SecData.com>
Subject Re: Classloader and removal of native libraries <SOLVED>
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2017 13:46:43 GMT
Hi Aljoscha,
“Hope that helps”…
ABSOLUTELY!!!

I have dug through the javacpp source code to find how the Loader class uses the temp cache
location for the native libraries and in my open method in my RichMapFunction I am now setting
the System.property to a random location so if the job restarts and calls open again, it uses
a random temp location as in your example.

So thank you so much, got me on the right path. Now I’ve got a problem with out of memory
errors arrghh (I will start another thread on this as I don’t want to soil this one with
a different topic)

Thanks again
Conrad

From: Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, 10 August 2017 at 15:57
To: Conrad Crampton <conrad.crampton@SecData.com>
Cc: "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Classloader and removal of native libraries

Hi Conrad,

I'm afraid you're running in the same problem that we already encountered with loading the
native RocksDB library: https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/219ae33d36e67e3e74f493cf4956a290bc966a5d/flink-contrib/flink-statebackend-rocksdb/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/contrib/streaming/state/RocksDBStateBackend.java#L519

The code section has a good description of what is going on. We're using NativeLibraryLoader
[1], which comes with RocksDB  to try and load the native library from a different temporary
location if loading it the normal way fails. (The relocation of the lib to a temp dir is in
the NativeLibraryLoader, not on our side. We're just providing a temp path for NativeLibraryLoader
to work with.)

Hope that helps,
Aljoscha

[1] https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/blob/master/java/src/main/java/org/rocksdb/NativeLibraryLoader.java