flink-user mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMX stats reporter with all task manager/job manager stats aggregated?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 09:07:12 GMT
Hello,

there is no central place where JMX metrics are aggregated.

You can configure a port range for the reporter to prevent port
conflicts on the same machine.

metrics.reporter.jmx.port:8789-8790

You can find out which port was used by checking the logs.

Regards,
Chesnay

On 05.08.2017 03:06, Ajay Tripathy wrote:
> Sorry: neglected to include the stack trace for JMX failing to
> instantiate from a taskmanager:
>
> 017-08-05 00:59:09,388 INFO  org.apache.flink.runtime.metrics.MetricRegistry
      - Configuring JMXReporter with {port=8789, class=org.apache.flink.metrics.jmx.JMXReporter}.
> 2017-08-05 00:59:09,402 ERROR org.apache.flink.runtime.metrics.MetricRegistry
       - Could not instantiate metrics reporter jmx. Metrics might not be exposed/reported.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not start JMX server on any configured port. Ports:
8789