flink-user mailing list archives

From Nico Kruber <n...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: One large WindowFunction vs. several smaller ones
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:59:24 GMT
Hi Maarten,
If the Count-WF is counting the number of events per window and the Diff-WF is
just comparing this number to the output of the previous window, then you do
not need a WindowFunction for the Diff-WF afterall:

Just use your Count-WF and plug in a stateful map (also see [1]) afterwards
which stores the previous value, compares it, and emits (for example) a tuple
with {key, count, diff}, or have them separate as you wish.

Nico

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/stream/
state.html