flink-user mailing list archives

From Biplob Biswas <revolutioni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Expception with Avro Serialization on RocksDBStateBackend
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 08:35:16 GMT
Hi Till,

Thanks for the response.  I was assuming that the Avro Serializer will
create a corresponding Avro schema with the Object class I provide. In that
respect, I did the following:

AvroSerializer<TransactionStateModel> txnAvroSerde = new
AvroSerializer<>(TransactionStateModel.class);
    ValueStateDescriptor<TransactionStateModel> stateDescriptor = new
ValueStateDescriptor<>(
            "transaction", txnAvroSerde);

    stateDescriptor.setQueryable("transaction");

    this.txnState = getRuntimeContext().getState(stateDescriptor);

By doing this, I was expecting that the avro serializer would convert my
data into avro format using the corresponding avro schema created with the
information from my class. And correspondingly this data in the avro format
to be stored in the RcoksDB statebackend.

Is my assumption wrong? I am using Flink 1.3.2 along with the
flink-avro_2.10 library for the same flink version which internally has avro
1.7.7

Thanks,
Biplob