flink-user mailing list archives

From "Branham, Jeremy [IT]" <Jeremy.D.Bran...@sprint.com>
Subject Flink ML with DataStream
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 17:07:23 GMT
Hello -
I've been successful working with Flink in Java, but have some trouble trying to leverage
the ML library, specifically with KNN.
>From my understanding, this is easier in Scala [1] so I've been converting my code.

One issue I've encountered is - How do I get a DataSet[Vector] from a DataStream[MyClass]?
I've attempted to use windowing, but scala is completely new to me and I may need a push in
the right direction.

The below code executes properly, I'm just unsure of the next step.

[cid:image001.png@01D30086.8C42C4C0]

I've also seen an example [2] that looks like something I need to implement - especially the
PartialModelBuilder.
Am I on the right track?
Thoughts?

Thanks!

[1] - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44039857/is-there-a-apache-flink-machine-learning-tutorial-in-java-language/44040819#44040819
[2] - https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-examples/flink-examples-streaming/src/main/scala/org/apache/flink/streaming/scala/examples/ml/IncrementalLearningSkeleton.scala

Jeremy D. Branham
Technology Architect - Sprint
O: +1 (972) 405-2970 | M: +1 (817) 791-1627
Jeremy.D.Branham@Sprint.com<mailto:Jeremy.D.Branham@Sprint.com>
#gettingbettereveryday

This e-mail may contain Sprint proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s).
Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete all copies of the message.