flink-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hogan <c...@greghogan.com>
Subject Re: Gelly PageRank implementations in 1.2 to 1.3
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2017 00:22:58 GMT
Hi Marc,

PageRank and GSAPageRank were moved to the flink-gelly-examples jar in the org.apache.flink.graph.examples
package. A library algorithm was added that supports both source and sink vertices. This limitation
of the old algorithms was noted in the class documentation and I understand to be an effect
of delta iterations. The new implementation is also significantly faster (https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/2733#issuecomment-278789830
<https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/2733#issuecomment-278789830>).

PageRank can be run using the examples jar from the command line, for example (don’t wildcard
the jar file as in the documentation until we get the javadoc jar removed from the next release).

$ mv opt/flink-gelly* lib/
$ ./bin/flink run examples/gelly/flink-gelly-examples_2.11-1.3.1.jar \
    --algorithm PageRank \
    --input CSV --type integer --simplify directed --input_filename <filename> --input_field_delimiter
$'\t' \
    --output print

The output can also be written to CSV in similar fashion to the input.

The code to call the library PageRank from the examples driver is as with any GraphAlgorithm
(https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/release-1.3/flink-libraries/flink-gelly-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/graph/drivers/PageRank.java
<https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/release-1.3/flink-libraries/flink-gelly-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/graph/drivers/PageRank.java>):

	graph.run(new PageRank<K, VV, EV>(dampingFactor, iterations,  convergenceThreshold));

Please let us know of any issues or additional questions!

Greg