flink-user mailing list archives

From Raj Kumar <smallthings1...@gmail.com>
Subject Flink Anomaly Detection
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 21:23:48 GMT
Hi,

I don't see much discussion on Anomaly detection using Flink. we are working
on a project where we need to monitor the server logs in real time. If there
is any sudden spike in the number of transactions(Unusual), server errors,
we need to create an alert.

1. How can we best achieve this?
2. How do we store the historical information about the patterns observed
and compute the baseline? Do we need any external source like Elasticsearch
to store the window snapshots to build a baseline?
3. Baseline should be self-learning as new patterns are discovered and
baseline should get adjusted based on this.
4. Flink ML has any capabilities to achieve this?

Please let me know if you have any approach/suggestions ?