flink-user mailing list archives

From nragon <nuno.goncal...@wedotechnologies.com>
Subject Re: Detached execution API
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:48:46 GMT
Yes, something like that.
Although, this would be an MVP for this purpose which has minimal impacts on
next releases. Moreover, I think clients are too specific to be included as
API because each user will have their own way to implement a stop, start, or
whatever (of course a base client is welcome :)). For instance, we have
implemented one, using REST API + async(detached) job.

Also, one thing I forgot in the previous example is that abstract execute
should return a JobSubmissionResult instead of JobExecutionResult.

But of course, just my point of view.