flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: global window trigger
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2017 09:15:03 GMT
Hi,

Ok, then I misunderstood. Yes, a PurgingTrigger it similar (the same) to always returning
FIRE_AND_PURGE instead of FIRE in a custom Trigger. I thought your problem was that data is
never cleared away when using GlobalWindows. Is that not the case?

Best,
Aljoscha
> On 14. Jul 2017, at 16:29, jad mad <jadmad0828@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Aljoscha
>
> thanks for the comment.
> is wrapping by a PurgingTrigger.of() the same as doing "return TriggerResult.FIRE_AND_PURGE;"

> inside of a custom trigger?
>
> gave it a test and the result seems the opposite of what I meant...
> instead of throwing away previous windows' contents, I wanna keep them
> all the way till the end.
> that way I can get the cumulative counts of all input.
>
> wonder how to achieve it.
> anyone?
>
> jad
>

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 12:16 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org <mailto:aljoscha@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Window contents are only purged from state if the Trigger says so or if the watermark
passes the garbage collection horizon for a given window. With GlobalWindows, the GC horizon
is never reached, that leaves Triggers.