flink-user mailing list archives

From Nuno Rafael Goncalves <Nuno.Goncal...@wedotechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Kafka and Flink integration
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 15:20:38 GMT
I believe there are some performance impact while de/serializing, which is "normal". What I'm
trying to understand is if there are any tips to improve this process. For instance, tuples
vs general class types. Do you know if it's worth it to map a custom object into tuple just
for de/serialization process?

According to jfr analysis, kryo methods are hit a lot.

[cid:image003.jpg@01D2E9E1.26D2D370]

-----Original Message-----
From: Nico Kruber [mailto:nico@data-artisans.com]
Sent: 20 de junho de 2017 16:04
To: user@flink.apache.org
Cc: Nuno Rafael Goncalves <Nuno.Goncalves@wedotechnologies.com>
Subject: Re: Kafka and Flink integration

No, this is only necessary if you want to register a custom serializer itself [1]. Also, in
case you are wondering about registerKryoType() - this is only needed as a performance optimisation.

What exactly is your problem? What are you trying to solve?

(I can't read JFR files here, and from what I read at Oracle's site, this requires a commercial
license, too...)

Nico

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/

custom_serializers.html