flink-user mailing list archives

From Shai Kaplan <Shai.Kap...@microsoft.com>
Subject KryoException: Encountered unregistered class ID
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2017 11:56:43 GMT
Hi.
I'm running a job from a savepoint. I've changed one of the classes stored in state. When
I try to load the value from the state I get "com.esotericsoftware.kryo.KryoException: Encountered
unregistered class ID: 97".
I tried to understand if the problem arise from the nature of the change, or simply because
there was a change in the class, so I changed the class so that the only difference from the
previous version is a new boolean field, and the problem still occur (the ID number changes
when I change the class). If I revert the class back to its old version, everything is fine.

I'm not sure if the class ID that I'm seeing is the right one, or is it just some random number
received from reading the wrong place in the serialized object, or something like that. When
I change the boolean to String the number in the exception changes to 41188...

What should I do to be able to restore from the state a class that now has a new field? Should
I manually register the class? With what ID?