flink-user mailing list archives

From Vinay Patil <vinay18.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checkpointing with RocksDB as statebackend
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 20:44:18 GMT
Hi Guys,

I am able to overcome the physical memory consumption issue by setting the
following options of RocksDB:

*DBOptions: *
     along with the FLASH_SSD_OPTIONS added the following:
     maxBackgroundCompactions(4)

*ColumnFamilyOptions:*
  max_buffer_size : 512 MB
  block_cache_size : 128 MB
  max_write_buffer_number : 5
  minimum_buffer_number_to_merge : 2
  cacheIndexAndFilterBlocks : true
  optimizeFilterForHits: true

I am going to modify these options to get the desired performance.

I have set the DbLogDir("/var/tmp/") and StatsSumpPeriodicSec but I only
got the configurations set in the log file present in var/tmp/

Where will I get the RocksDB statistics if I set createStatistics ?

Let me know if any other configurations will help to get better
performance. Now the physical memory is slowly getting increased and I can
see the drop in the graph ( this means flushing is taking place at regular
intervals )

Regards,
Vinay Patil