flink-user mailing list archives

From Philip Doctor <philip.doc...@physiq.com>
Subject Restoring Queryable State
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 21:41:32 GMT
Hello,
My job differs slightly from example Queryable State jobs.  I have a keyed stream and I will
emit managed ValueState at certain points at runtime but the names aren’t entirely known
beforehand.

I have check pointing enabled and when I restore from a check point, everything *almost* works.
 In my code I took a known ValueState name, hard coded a new ValueStateDescriptor, get state
from the RuntimeContext, and I’ll see that my value is correctly restored.  However, that
value is not queryable unless I create a new ValueStateDescriptor that is queryable.  So if
I knew all of the ValueState names ahead of time, I could simply build a ValueStateDescriptor
for each emitted value state name, and set each to queryable and presumably life would be
good.  But returning to the problem, I don’t know all the value state names.

Is there a way that, on restore, the keyed managed ValueStates that I am restoring can also
be queryable as they were prior to the crash?

Thanks.