flink-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integrating Flink CEP with a Rules Engine
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:41:41 GMT
Hallo,

It si possible, but some caveat : flink is a distributed system, but in drools the fact are
only locally available. This may lead to strange effects when rules update the fact base.

Best regards

> On 23. Jun 2017, at 12:49, Sridhar Chellappa <flinkenthu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> I am new to Flink.
>
> One of the reasons why I am interested in Flink is because of its CEP library. Our CEP
logic comprises of a set of complex business rules which will have to be managed (Create,
Update, Delete) by a bunch of business analysts.

> Is there a way I can integrate other third party tools (Drools, OpenRules) to let Business
Analysts define rules and  execute them using Flink's CEP library?