flink-user mailing list archives

From "Foster, Craig" <foscr...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: How to run a Flink job in EMR?
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2017 02:27:53 GMT
Ah, maybe (1) wasn’t entirely clear so here’s the copy/pasted example with what I suggested:

    HadoopJarStepConfig copyJar = new HadoopJarStepConfig()
      .withJar("command-runner.jar")
      .withArgs("bash","-c", "aws s3 cp s3://mybucket/myjar.jar /home/hadoop"
    );

From: "Foster, Craig" <foscraig@amazon.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 7:21 PM
To: Chris Schneider <CSchneider@ScaleUnlimited.com>, "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: How to run a Flink job in EMR?

1)      Since the jar is only required on the master node you should be able to just run a
step with a very simple script like ‘bash –c “aws s3 cp s3://mybucket/myjar.jar .”’
So if you were to do that using the step similar to outlined in the EMR documentation, but
replacing withArgs with the above command as args (I think there’s an example of this on
that same EMR docs page you refer to).
Then add another step after that which actually runs the flink job. The jar will be located
in /home/hadoop. In the future, I’m hoping this can just be simplified to flink run -yn
2 -p 4 s3://mybucket/myjar.jar … but it doesn’t seem to be the case right now.

2)      If you ran this as a step, you should be able to see the error the Flink driver gives
in the step’s logs.

3)      Provided your S3 bucket and EMR cluster EC2 IAM role/”instance profile” belong
to the same account (or at least the permissions are setup such that you can download a file
from S3 to your EC2 instances), you should be able to use the DefaultAWSCredentialsProviderChain<http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSJavaSDK/latest/javadoc/com/amazonaws/auth/DefaultAWSCredentialsProviderChain.html>,
which won’t require you enter any credentials as it uses the EC2 instance profile credentials
provider.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Craig