flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Queryable state in a keyed stream not querying properly
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 14:25:12 GMT
Hi Philip,

The JobManager should figure out the correct TaskManager for your query based on the key.
You mentioned that you get the result 1/3 of the time, is this 1/3 of the time for queries
with exactly the same key or for queries with different keys?

Also, could it be that the state you’re trying to access is simply not there (yet)?

It might very well be that you discovered a bug, the queryable state feature hasn’t been
touched for a while but we’re planning to work on that for the 1.4 release cycle.

Best,
Aljoscha
> On 19. May 2017, at 04:29, Philip Doctor <philip.doctor@physiq.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Flink Users,
> I’m getting started with Flink and I’ve bumped into a small problem.  I have a keyed
stream like this:

> val stream = env.addSource(consumer)
>   .flatMap(new ValidationMap()).name("ValidationMap")
>   .keyBy(x => (x.getObj.foo(), x.getObj.bar(), x.getObj.baz()))
>   .flatMap(new Calculator(this.config.size, this.config.queryableStateName)).name(jobname)
>

> Within my stream I have a ValueState that I use to maintain a list.
>
> I then use the QueryableStateClient to
> client.getKvState(flinkJobID, stateName, serializedKey.hashCode(), serializedKey);
>
> Where the “serializedKey” matches the .keyBy on the keyed stream.
>
> When I query the state things go wrong.  I’ve determined that the JobManager appears
to send my query to one of the three TaskManagers I have running, so about 1/3 of the time
I get the proper result and the other 2/3 of the time I get

> org.apache.flink.runtime.query.netty.UnknownKeyOrNamespace: KvState does not hold any
state for key/namespace.

> I feel like I must have somehow misconfigured my job, how can I instruct the job manager
to properly query the TaskManager that has my data?  Is there a specific setting or configuration
I’m missing?