flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Partitioner is spending around 2 to 4 minutes while pushing data to next operator
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2017 13:35:15 GMT
Yes, in the end the requests to HBase are the bottle neck and the latency will manifest in
different places of the job depending on where there is a queue. If there is a queue between
map and flatMap elements will sit there and wait and you’ll see latency there. If map and
flatMap are chained you will see the latency in the form of Kafka consumer lag (Kafka itself
is the queue here).

Best,
Aljoscha