flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Combining streams with static data and using REST API as a sink
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:24:29 GMT
A quick note on this: the side-input API is still ongoing work and it turns out it’s more
complicated (obviously … 😳) and we will need quite a bit more work on other parts of
Flink before we can provide a good built-in solution.

In the meantime, you can check out the Async I/O operator [1]. I think this fits your use
case of accessing an external system quite well because it allows firing off several request
to external systems at the same time.

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/stream/asyncio.html