flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Queryable State Client with 1.3.0-rc0
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 14:33:43 GMT
Hi Claudio,

The documentation for this was recently updated: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/stream/queryable_state.html#querying-state
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/stream/queryable_state.html#querying-state>.
Could you see if that helps? The important bit for you is probably this:

final HighAvailabilityServices highAvailabilityServices =
      HighAvailabilityServicesUtils.createHighAvailabilityServices(
           config,
           Executors.newSingleThreadScheduledExecutor(),
           HighAvailabilityServicesUtils.AddressResolution.TRY_ADDRESS_RESOLUTION);

If that doesn’t help we’ll need to delve deeper.

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 11. May 2017, at 22:21, Fahey, Claudio <Claudio.Fahey@dell.com> wrote:
>
> I’ve been using QueryableStateClient in Flink 1.2 successfully. I have now upgraded
to release-1.3.0-rc0 and QueryableStateClient now requires a HighAvailabilityServices parameter.
The documentation hasn’t been updated on using HighAvailabilityServices so I’m a bit lost
on what exactly I should specify for that parameter. For development, I want to connect to
a Flink Job Manager that I created from a different process using StreamExecutionEnvironment.createLocalEnvironmentWithWebUI.
Can somebody provide the code needed to create the appropriate HighAvailabilityServices parameter?

> I have tried the following code:
>
>   val jobManagerIpcAddress = “localhost”
>   val jobManagerIpcPort = 6123
>   configuration.setString(JobManagerOptions.ADDRESS, jobManagerIpcAddress)
>   configuration.setInteger(JobManagerOptions.PORT, jobManagerIpcPort)
>   private val highAvailabilityServices = new StandaloneHaServices(jobManagerIpcAddress,
jobManagerIpcAddress)
>   private val client = new QueryableStateClient(configuration, highAvailabilityServices)
>
> It results in:
>
> Exception in thread "main" akka.actor.ActorNotFound: Actor not found for: ActorSelection[Anchor(akka://flink/),
Path(/localhost)]