flink-user mailing list archives

From Urs Schoenenberger <urs.schoenenber...@tngtech.com>
Subject Partition index from partitionCustom vs getIndexOfThisSubtask downstream
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:40:14 GMT
Hi,

if I use DataStream::partitionCustom, will the partition number that my
custom Partitioner<K> returns always be equal to getIndexOfThisSubtask
in the following operator?

A test case with different parallelisms seems to suggest this is true,
but the Javadoc seems ambiguous to me since the Partitioner doc talks
about the "partition index" while the RuntimeContext doc talks about the
"index of the parallel subtask".

Thanks,
Urs

--
Urs Schönenberger - urs.schoenenberger@tngtech.com

TNG Technology Consulting GmbH, Betastr. 13a, 85774 Unterföhring
Geschäftsführer: Henrik Klagges, Christoph Stock, Dr. Robert Dahlke