flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kafka 0.10 jaas multiple clients
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 03:46:56 GMT
Hi Gwenhael,

Follow-up for this:

Turns out what you require is already available with Kafka 0.10, using dynamic JAAS configurations
[1] instead of a static JAAS file like what you’re currently doing.

The main thing to do is to set a “sasl.jaas.config” in the config properties for your
individual Kafka consumer / producer.
This will override any static JAAS configuration used.
Note 2 things here: 1) static JAAS configurations are a JVM process-wide installation, meaning
using that any separate Kafka client within the same process can always only share the same
credentials and 2) the “KafkaClient” is a fixed JAAS lookup section key that the Kafka
clients use, which I don’t think is modifiable. So using the static config approach would
never work.

An example “sasl.jaas.config” for plain logins:
"org.apache.kafka.common.security.plain.PlainLoginModule required username=xxxx password=yyyy

Simply have different values for each of the Kafka consumer / producers you’re using.

Cheers,
Gordon