flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kafka 0.10 jaas multiple clients
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 08:42:03 GMT
Hi Gwenhael,

Sorry for the very long delayed response on this.

As you noticed, the “KafkaClient” entry name seems to be a hardcoded thing on the Kafka
side, so currently I don’t think what you’re asking for is possible.

It seems like this could be made possible with some of the new authentication features in
Kafka 0.10 that seems related: [1] [2].

I’m not that deep into the authentication modules, but I’ll take a look and can keep you
posted on this.
Also looping in Eron (in CC) who could perhaps provide more insight on this at the same time.

Cheers,
Gordon

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-83+-+Allow+multiple+SASL+authenticated+Java+clients+in+a+single+JVM+process
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-85%3A+Dynamic+JAAS+configuration+for+Kafka+clients