flink-user mailing list archives

From Timo Walther <twal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State in Custom Tumble Window Class
Date Wed, 17 May 2017 07:53:49 GMT
Hi,

in general, a class level variable is not managed by Flink if it is not
defined as state or the function does not implemented ListCheckpointed
interface. Allowing infinite lateness also means that your window
content has to be stored infinitely. I'm not sure if I understand your
implementation correctly, but overriding classes that where not intended
for overriding seems not to be a good solution. With Flink 1.3 there
will be side outputs that allow to retrieve all late data as a stream
for not losing elements at all: WindowedStream#sideOutputLateData, maybe
this might be an option for you.

Hope that helps.

Timo