flink-user mailing list archives

From Timo Walther <twal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can I increase Flink managed memory?
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 12:43:36 GMT
Hi Sathi,

configuring managed memory and taskmanager heap memory also depends on
your jobs. If your jobs involve much sorting, then a high managed memory
is helpful. If you are creating a lot of objects in your functions, that
need some time until they get garbage collected (ideally you should not
use `new` at all), then a larger Java heap might be useful instead of
managed memory.

Regards,
Timo

Am 31.05.17 um 09:43 schrieb Sathi Chowdhury:
> Thanks Nico for a good gist on memory management of flink…
> If I have 64 GB in each task manager …should I be aggressive of setting taskmanager.heap.mb
to a very large value 56GB let;s say,563200 was a mistake,that’s abruptly high.
> I am actually trying to come up with an understanding how to maximum utilize task manager’s
memory so there is not a large amount of memory left unused, and
> Flink is starving of memory…heap is used for sorting/hashing…
> If I do not mention taskmanager.heap.mb and yarn-session -tm option (actually are they
the same thing?) … I am going to try out how much memory is used