flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: State in Custom Tumble Window Class
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 13:32:28 GMT
Hi,

If you use tumbling windows or sliding windows then Flink will not keep additional meta data
besides the actual window contents. Also, if you use a Trigger that purges when firing Flink
will clean the window contents after firing a window. This means that you can set allowed
lateness to MAX and always process all late-arriving events without keeping any state. Of
course, when processing those late events you will get a window that only contains that event,
not the complete window that was already processed and purged before.

Best,
Aljoscha