flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help on Streaming API | Flink | GlobalWindow and Customized Trigger
Date Mon, 22 May 2017 13:00:39 GMT
Hi,

If your could give us a look at your custom Trigger we might be able to figure out what’s
going on.

Best,
Aljoscha
> On 22. May 2017, at 09:06, Samim Ahmed <samim1216@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> Hope you are doing well..
>
> Myself Samim and I am working of POC(proof of concept) for a project. In this project
we are using Apache Flink to process the stream data and find the required pattern and finally
dump those patterns in DB.

> So to implement this we have used the global window and customized trigger to done our
work.
> While testing we observed that output is coming as expected but we are loosing the data
for few minutes when the Stream ends at input.

> For example If the data streaming stared at 1pm and it ends at 5pm on the same day and
in out put we found the data is missing for the time 4:55pm to 5 pm. Also we observed when
the input data stream finishes immediately the entire process stops and the last few minutes
data are remains inside the window.

> We need your help here to overcome this last minutes data missing issue as I am new to
this flink framework. Do we have any API available to solve this problem or it is the Flink
limitation?