flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Richter <s.rich...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Question on checkpoint management
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 19:23:48 GMT
I think this jira is helpful for your question: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6328
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6328>

> Am 08.05.2017 um 19:33 schrieb Cliff Resnick <cresny@gmail.com>:
>
> When a job cancel-with-savepoint finishes a successful Savepoint, the preceding last
successful Checkpoint is removed. Is this the intended behavior? I thought that checkpoints
and savepoints were separate entities and, as such, savepoints should not infringe on checkpoints.
This is actually an issue for us because we have seen occurrences of false-positive successful
savepoints, perhaps due to S3 latency. Bottom line, we'd like to treat savepoints as insurance
rather than the critical path and would rather they be oblivious to checkpoint management.

> We are using externalized checkpoints, which may be confusing things. Also I know checkpoint
management is undergoing some changes in Flink 1.3 (we are on Flink 1.2.0). Any insight is
greatly appreciated.