flink-user mailing list archives

From "Jain, Ankit" <ankit.j...@here.com>
Subject Re: High Availability on Yarn
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 20:19:50 GMT
Got the answer on #2, looks like that will work, still looking for suggestions on #1.

Thanks
Ankit

From: "Jain, Ankit" <ankit.jain@here.com>
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 8:26 AM
To: Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>, "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: High Availability on Yarn

Following up further on this.

1)      We are using a long running EMR cluster to submit jobs right now and as you know EMR
hasn’t made Yarn ResourceManager HA.

Is there any way we can use the information put in Zookeeper by Flink Job Manager to bring
the jobs back up on a new EMR cluster if RM goes down?

We are not looking for completely automated option but maybe write a script which reads Zookeeper
and re-starts all jobs on a fresh EMR cluster?

I am assuming if  Yarn ResouceManager goes down, there is no way to just bring it back up
– you have to start a new EMR cluster?

2)      Regarding elasticity, I know for now a running flink cluster can’t make use of new
hosts added to EMR but can I am guessing Yarn will still see the new hosts and new flink jobs
can make use it, is that right?

Thanks
Ankit