flink-user mailing list archives

From Philip Doctor <philip.doc...@physiq.com>
Subject Queryable state in a keyed stream not querying properly
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 02:29:04 GMT
Dear Flink Users,
I’m getting started with Flink and I’ve bumped into a small problem.  I have a keyed stream
like this:

val stream = env.addSource(consumer)
  .flatMap(new ValidationMap()).name("ValidationMap")
  .keyBy(x => (x.getObj.foo(), x.getObj.bar(), x.getObj.baz()))
  .flatMap(new Calculator(this.config.size, this.config.queryableStateName)).name(jobname)

Within my stream I have a ValueState that I use to maintain a list.

I then use the QueryableStateClient to
client.getKvState(flinkJobID, stateName, serializedKey.hashCode(), serializedKey);

Where the “serializedKey” matches the .keyBy on the keyed stream.

When I query the state things go wrong.  I’ve determined that the JobManager appears to
send my query to one of the three TaskManagers I have running, so about 1/3 of the time I
get the proper result and the other 2/3 of the time I get

org.apache.flink.runtime.query.netty.UnknownKeyOrNamespace: KvState does not hold any state
for key/namespace.

I feel like I must have somehow misconfigured my job, how can I instruct the job manager to
properly query the TaskManager that has my data?  Is there a specific setting or configuration
I’m missing?

Thank you for your time.

-Phil