flink-user mailing list archives

From Greg Hogan <c...@greghogan.com>
Subject Re: Production Deployments
Date Sat, 13 May 2017 11:31:30 GMT
We recently added documentation (and official builds) for Docker and K8s. Feedback is appreciated!

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.2/setup/kubernetes.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.2/setup/kubernetes.html>

I’m not aware of a preference for any one cluster manager. YARN has been around the longest
but we want Flink to run everywhere in the cloud and in the enterprise.

> On May 12, 2017, at 7:29 PM, Samuel Doyle <samueldoyle@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there some documentation describing best practices regarding production deployments
specifically recommended configuration and setup? From what I have seen, it appears that YARN
is the suggested way to handle a clustered deployment.

> I am not familiar with YARN so I am hoping that after coming up to speed on the topic
I will understand how Flink fits in. We use Kubernetes extensively so if there something covering
a k8s deployment that would be helpful.