flink-user mailing list archives

From Sendoh <unicorn.bana...@gmail.com>
Subject memory usage in task manager when run and cancel a job
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 16:01:23 GMT
Hi Flink users,

How does memory usage percentage changes when starting the first job, second
job and cancel a job which all use the same jar?

I found that when starting the first job, it uses much more memory than the
second job.
The first job uses around 20 % and the second one may use only 5%.

When canceling one of the jobs, the memory usage doesn't decrease. It means
GC is not triggered immediately? But even after 1 day the memory is not
released.

My doubt is from we have a usecase which I wonder this has memory leak. I'm
not sure the memory is not released due to the job itself, or sth else.

Best,

Sendoh