flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Contextual Data
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2017 06:05:22 GMT
Hi,

It seems like you want to load the context tables from external databases when the CEP operators
start, and allow pattern detection logic to refer to those tables. I’m not entirely sure
if this possible with the Flink CEP library.
I’ve looped in Klou who is more familiar with the CEP library and would probably have more
insight on this (its currently the national holidays so we might not be responsive at the
moment).

Otherwise, this is definitely achievable using the DataStream API. More specifically, you
would want to implement the rich variant functions and load the contextual tables in `open()`.
The occurrence frequency of events would be kept as registered state in the case you described.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Gordon