flink-user mailing list archives

From Sathi Chowdhury <Sathi.Chowdh...@elliemae.com>
Subject Re: Flink errors out and job fails--IOException from CollectSink.open()
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2017 00:44:14 GMT
Hi Ted, Sorry for my big font earlier…was not intended ☺

I am on flink 1.2.0
I built flink-connector-kinesis_2.10-1.2.0.jar from source and included in the fatjar I am
running.
Followed this http://www.kidder.io/2017/02/15/flink-kinesis-streaming-connector/

From code I read a kinesis stream using

consumerConfig.setProperty(ConsumerConfigConstants.AWS_REGION, region);
consumerConfig.setProperty(ConsumerConfigConstants.DEFAULT_STREAM_INITIAL_POSITION, "LATEST");
consumerConfig.setProperty(ConsumerConfigConstants.AWS_CREDENTIALS_PROVIDER, "AUTO");
consumerConfig.setProperty(ConsumerConfigConstants.SHARD_GETRECORDS_MAX, "10");
consumerConfig.setProperty(ConsumerConfigConstants.SHARD_GETRECORDS_RETRIES, "200");
consumerConfig.setProperty(ConsumerConfigConstants.SHARD_GETRECORDS_INTERVAL_MILLIS, "2000");
DataStream<Map<String, Object>> stream = env.addSource(new FlinkKinesisConsumer<>(inputStream,
new MyJsonDeserializationSchema(), consumerConfig));

While I push the json event to the Kinesis stream intermittently I see this NPE and flink
job fails

2017-04-14 00:31:54,672 WARN  org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.FlinkKinesisConsumer
 - Error while closing Kinesis data fetcher

java.lang.NullPointerException

               at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.internals.KinesisDataFetcher.shutdownFetcher(KinesisDataFetcher.java:472)

               at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.FlinkKinesisConsumer.cancel(FlinkKinesisConsumer.java:246)

               at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.kinesis.FlinkKinesisConsumer.close(FlinkKinesisConsumer.java:256)

               at org.apache.flink.api.common.functions.util.FunctionUtils.closeFunction(FunctionUtils.java:43)

               at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractUdfStreamOperator.dispose(AbstractUdfStreamOperator.java:127)

               at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.disposeAllOperators(StreamTask.java:442)

               at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:343)

               at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:655)

               at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks
Sathi