flink-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Kloudas <k.klou...@data-artisans.com>
Subject CEP Pattern detection progressively slower
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 17:31:28 GMT
I just realized that the conversation was not sent to the Mailing List, so I am resending it.

Kostas

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Kostas Kloudas <k.kloudas@data-artisans.com>
> Subject: Re: CEP Pattern detection progressively slower
> Date: April 11, 2017 at 11:40:25 PM GMT+2
> To: Dawid Wysakowicz <wysakowicz.dawid@gmail.com>
> Cc: vijayakumar palaniappan <vijayakumarpl@gmail.com>
>
> Hi,
>
> As Dawid mentioned, this issue is fixed in the current master branch and it will be part
of the Flink 1.3 version which is going to be released in the begining of May. This version
is going to include a lot of new capabilities in the CEP library which has been through a
lot of refactoring.

fixed with FLINK-6032 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6032>.

> I don't know of any possible workarounds in 1.2.0. I include Kostas, who implemented
FLINK-6032. Maybe he have some idea.

> While trying to use Pattern detection on KeyedStream, list of unique keys encountered,
keeps accumulating in AbstractKeyedCEPPatternOperator.java. On encountering watermarks these
accumulated keys are looped over to detect patterns. This causes spike in CPU usage and progressively
gets slower.