flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: shaded version of legacy kafka connectors
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:07:03 GMT
Hi,

There currently isn’t any shaded version Kafka 0.8 connector version available, so yes,
you would need to do build that yourself.

I’m not completely sure if there will be any class name clashes, because the Kafka 0.8 API
is typically packaged under `kafka.javaapi.*`, while in 0.9 / 0.10 they’re under `org.apache.kafka.*`.

But relocating the `kafka.javaapi.*` classes to a different path is probably the straightforward
safe way to go, it shouldn’t have any issues. You shouldn’t need to relocate the Flink
Kafka connector classes (under `o.a.f.streaming.connectors.kafka.*`) because there aren’t
any name clashes for them between 0.8 and 0.10.

Please feel free to let me know if you bump into any questions with this :-)

Cheers,
Gordon