flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Richter <s.rich...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: A Link Sink that writes to OAuth2.0 protected resource
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2017 15:24:39 GMT
Hi Hussein,

for your information, today we added a description of task and operator lifecycles to the
documentation: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/internals/task_lifecycle.html
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/internals/task_lifecycle.html>
.

Best,
Stefan

> Am 03.03.2017 um 15:30 schrieb Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzulitai@apache.org>:
>
> Hi Hussein!
>
> Your approach seems reasonable to me. The open() method will be called only once for
the UDF every time the job has started (and when the job is restored from failures also).

wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> In our Sink, we are dealing with a system that uses OAuth 2.0. So the in the open()
method of the Sink we are getting the token and then we initialise the client that we can
use in order to write from Flink to that API.

>> Is there a better approach to handle that?
>>
>> open() is a lifecycle method which I assume it will be called only once when creating
a Sink, correct? Are there any conditions that might trigger open() to be called not upon
creations?