flink-user mailing list archives

From Tarandeep Singh <tarand...@gmail.com>
Subject flink-1.2 and unit testing / flinkspector
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 23:26:58 GMT
Hi,

Is someone using flinkspector unit testing framework with flink-1.2?
I added the following dependencies in my pom.xml file:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.flinkspector</groupId>
            <artifactId>flinkspector-datastream_2.10</artifactId>
            <version>0.5</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.flinkspector</groupId>
            <artifactId>flinkspector-core_2.10</artifactId>
            <version>0.5</version>
        </dependency>

However, I keep getting NullPointer exception. It seems it is using
ForkableFlinkMiniCluster which is probably removed in 1.2.
I tried to build flinkspector locally by replacing ForkableFlinkMiniCluster
by  org.apache.flink.runtime.minicluster.LocalFlinkMiniCluster

However, I am getting this error-
ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project flinkspector-core_2.11: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
org.flinkspector:flinkspector-core_2.11:jar:0.6-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact org.apache.directory.jdbm:apacheds-jdbm1:bundle:2.0.0-M2 in
central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

I am not able to resolve this error.
Has anyone successfully used flinkspector with flink-1.2 (or build it
locally)?

Flinkspector seems like a easy to use unit test framework. Is this the
recommended framework? If other people are using some other tool, can
someone please point me to an example.

Thank you,
Tarandeep