flink-user mailing list archives

From Yassine MARZOUGUI <y.marzou...@mindlytix.com>
Subject ProcessingTimeTimer in ProcessFunction after a savepoint
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 14:14:08 GMT
Hi all,

How does the processing time timer behave when a job is taken down with a
savepoint and then restarted after the timer was supposed to fire? Will the
timer fire at restart because it was missed during the savepoint?

I'm wondering because I would like to schedule periodic timers in the
future (in processing time) at which a state is read and emitted, but I'm
afraid the timer will never fire if it occurs when the job is being down,
and therefore the state will never be emitted.

Best,
Yassine